The FRI Crystal Award for Distinguished Contribution recognizes an individual who has made recent outstanding and significant contributions to the design, implementation or analysis of public utility regulatory policy. The award provides an opportunity to recognize excellence and achievement across regulated industries and further promotes the mission and purpose of the FRI – to serve as a neutral environment for the comprehensive examination of sound regulatory policy.
We are pleased to acknowledge the official sponsor of the 2022 FRI Crystal Award for Distinguished Contribution, the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC). The support received from the NRDC makes it possible for the FRI to recognize excellence and achievement across regulated public utilities.
A list of all our Crystal Award recipients is available here.
- Individuals with at least 10 years of experience related to the regulated industry.
- Nominees are not restricted to organizations or states represented by the FRI Advisory Board Members.
- Recipient must be present to accept the award during the 2022 FRI Symposium activities on September 21st.
- Self-nominations are permitted.
- Nominations will not be accepted from individuals who are employed by or represent the organizations serving on the award selection committee.
Nominations are solicited every spring. Nominees may be, but are not limited to:
- Former Commissioners
- Regulatory Staff
- Energy Executives
Nominees May Not Be:
- FRI Advisory Board Members
- Individuals employed by regulated public utility companies
- Current public office holders
- Individuals from organizations represented by the 2022 FRI Crystal Award Selection Committee
- Originality and extent of the contributions made by the individual to the design, implementation, or analysis of public utility regulatory policy.
- Sustained nature of these contributions over a period of time.
- The measurable impact of the individual’s accomplishments such as changes in industry or regulatory policies, citations or use by others of the individual’s work.
- Extent of peer, industry, academic or public recognition of the individual’s accomplishments in the area of public utility regulatory policy.
Selection Process, Terms & Requirements
Upon submission of a nomination, nominators: (i) authorize the FRI or any third party acting on their behalf to reproduce and publish their nominations in all forms of media (ii) warrant to the FRI that all the information supplied as part of the nomination is true and complete; and (iii) acknowledge that if the nomination reaches the final stages of the competition the contact person detailed in the nomination form will be contacted by the FRI and will have the choice whether or not to proceed in the competition as the recipient is required to be present during the 2022 Symposium.
- All required elements of the nomination form must be completed.
- Nomination forms may be submitted online here or sent directly to Cheryl Byrd via email at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 4, 2022 at 6:00 PM (Central). No hard copies will be accepted.
- Entries will not be returned. All entries become the property of the FRI and the contents may be used in promotional materials.
- All nominations will be evaluated by a diverse executive FRI Award Selection Committee charged with evaluating nominations in an unbiased fashion based on the eligibility and criteria.
- Recipient formally presented during the annual FRI Symposium.