The FRI Crystal Award for Distinguished Contribution recognizes an individual who has made recent outstanding and significant contributions to the design, implementation or analysis of public utility regulatory policy. It provides an opportunity to recognize excellence and achievement across regulated industries and further promotes the mission and purpose of the FRI – to serve as a neutral environment for the comprehensive examination of sound regulatory policy.
- Individuals with at least 10 years of experience related to the regulated industry.
- Nominees are not restricted to organizations or states represented by the FRI Advisory Board Members.
- Recipient must be present to accept the award during the 2021 FRI Symposium activities.
- Self-nominations are permitted.
- Nominations will not be accepted from individuals who are employed by or represent the organizations serving on the award selection committee.
Nominations are solicited every spring. Nominees may be, but are not limited to:
- Former Commissioners
- Regulatory Staff
- Energy Executives
Nominees May Not Be:
- FRI Advisory Board Members
- Individuals employed by regulated public utility companies
- Current public office holders
- Individuals from organizations represented by the 2021 FRI Crystal Award Selection Committee
- Originality and extent of the contributions made by the individual to the design, implementation, or analysis of public utility regulatory policy.
- Sustained nature of these contributions over a period of time.
- The measurable impact of the individual’s accomplishments such as changes in industry or regulatory policies, citations or use by others of the individual’s work.
- Extent of peer, industry, academic or public recognition of the individual’s accomplishments in the area of public utility regulatory policy.
Selection Process, Terms & Requirements
Upon submission of a nomination, nominators: (i) authorize the FRI or any third party acting on their behalf to reproduce and publish their nominations in all forms of media (ii) warrant to the FRI that all the information supplied as part of the nomination is true and complete; and (iii) acknowledge that if the nomination reaches the final stages of the competition the contact person detailed in the nomination form will be contacted by the FRI and will have the choice whether or not to proceed in the competition as the recipient is required to be present during the 2021 Symposium.
- All required elements of the nomination form must be completed.
- Nomination forms may be submitted online or sent directly to Cheryl Byrd via email at email@example.com. No hard copies will be accepted.
- Entries will not be returned. All entries become the property of the FRI and the contents may be used in promotional materials.
- Nominations accepted thru March 9, 2021 and must be received no later than 6:00 PM (Central) on March 9, 2021. All nominations received thereafter will be ineligible for the 2021 award.
- Recipient formally presented during the 2021 FRI Symposium activities.
- All nominations will be evaluated by a diverse executive FRI Award Selection Committee charged with evaluating nominations in an unbiased fashion based on the eligibility and criteria.
Nominations for 2021 are closed. The awardee will be announced later this spring.